Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New City!


So I've actually been in Salt Lake since August 2nd, but so much has been going on (and my house still doesn't have internet) that I haven't had a chance to post any updates.  So, here's a rundown of what's happened:

July 31st: While packing loading up my car, my backpack was stolen off the front seat.  It contained (in order of importance): my running shoes, watch/heart rate monitor, Chacos, checkbook, car title and Vibram FiveFingers.  I have since bought new running shoes (two pairs, actually).

August 3rd: My first run in Salt Lake.  I live right on the eastern edge of the city, close to some running trails and a canyon.  The average elevation in SLC is 4327 feet (Spokane's is 1843 feet), so running here has been fairly challenging.  I was going to run my first marathon on September 17th, but I don't think I'll be adapted, so October 15th is the new date.

August 5th: I bought a bike!  A 2010 Specialized Transition Elite AL to be exact (see below for picture).  I've never ridden a road bike or used clipless pedals before, so this will be interesting. 

August 7th: 15 mile run in Stockton, CA (sea level), where my mom lives.  This felt great!  Aside from getting blisters from my new shoes.

August 16th: First day at Master's swim class.  It started at 5:30 AM at an outdoor pool near my house.  I got to watch the sun come up over the mountains and I didn't drown, so I think I'll go back.  I also got my bike fitted to me today, I'm pretty excited to take it out later tonight and see how it feels off the trainer.

Well, I guess that's all.
Liz


1 comment:

  1. Hoping I didn't respond as you expected calling you an idiot, although I can't recall what I said after taking a deep breath. Glad you told me in person. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete