Friday, September 9, 2011

Its been a great week.  On Wednesday I ran in the dark for the first time, and it was actually pretty fun.  I had a couple lights on me, so I wasn't worried about being hit by a car and I could see breaks in the sidewalk pretty easily.  Thursday morning I used my roof-top bike rack for the first time, which was exciting.  I then did my first brick (a bike ride followed by a short run to get your legs used to the transition).  I was also able to stay on my aero bars for all of the 45 minute ride without too much discomfort.  My first Olympic distance race (which will also be my first open-water swim race) is tomorrow morning.  My bag is packed, my wetsuit is rented and I've been eating a lot for the past couple days.  I've also got my first grad school level test this evening (who schedules a test from 6 to 8 on a Friday evening???).  Between the test and the race its been a stressful couple of days, but I'm feeling ready and excited for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment